Friday, June 10, 2011

My Parents Come to Visit and New Zealand!

Hi Everyone!

I only have 1 day left in Perth before I head to Sydney for a few days and then finally HOME!! But first I wanted to update you on my parents trip to Perth and then our trip to New Zealand. [This blog won't have as many pictures as usual because my mom took most of the pics on both of your trips, ask her if you want to see more pictures of Perth and NZ]

It was so nice to see my parents after being away from home for the past 3 and a half months. While they were here I brought them to Rottnest Island so that we could bike around the island. 

While I was in school for the rest of the week my parents went down to Margaret River. When they returned to showed them around Perth City and Freo. Then we headed off to NZ for my last study break.

In NZ we stayed in Queenstown, I thought it was of the nicest cities I've ever been to. It reminded me a lot of Colorado because it was really outdoorsy and everyone was really friendly. Here are a few pics from the trip :)




My Mom and Dad with the Shot-Over boat behind them


Basically this was a boat that could spin around and go in water like 4 inches deep. It was super fun!

Remember that in NZ its fall so there were a lot of trees changing colors.
I also was really cold there since I'm used to sunny and 85 degree weather for the past few months

This was from the zip line or there it was called flying fox

My dad jumping off

My mom about to go upside-down 

This is what the tree houses looked like  where we would jump off from

Milford Sound

This was really cool because it was mountains coming right out of the water



So those are just a few pictures from NZ, it was a really fun trip and nice to be with my parents.

Love you guys and see you in the States soon :)

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment