Wednesday, February 9, 2011

First Week In Perth

I left Denver on last Tuesday when it was -15 degrees. And looked like this... 
Its 9:20pm in Perth right now and its still 80 degrees. 

Its been a very busy first week here with orientation and meeting all the new study abroad students. I left from Denver on Tuesday afternoon and arrived in Perth on Thursday afternoon so it was a really long flight/trip over here. I first moved into my room at University Village located next to Murdoch Uni. Its kinda like the dorms but there are more international and upperclassman students that live in it. 

Here are a few pictures of my room and the surrounding buildings/environment







On Sunday we went to Cottesloe Beach which is outside the city of Perth. It had clear waters and lots of people out tanning since it was the weekend. 









Then on Sunday we went to King's Park which is a park (duh) in the metropolitan area of Perth. Its larger than Central Park and has lots of species of plants that are only native to Australia. I got really sun burned the day before so I have a great farmers tan in these pictures






Today we went to Lancelin Beach which is an hour and a half north of Perth. We had surfing lessons and went sandboarding. Both of which were so much fun!! I got burned again, I just can't seem to apply enough sunscreen. I'm having a great time in Perth so far and have heaps (a word they use in Australia a lot) of great friends! This is my first blog so I hope that you enjoy the pictures and can kinda see what I'll be doing for the next five months. Talk to you soon!

Love, 
Emily :)

No comments:

Post a Comment